Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Crazy Week!!! Wedding, Zoo, Monkey Attack, Hit by a Car,

Well friends, it's been a crazy couple of weeks! We have had a lot of fun though and had some wild experiences. The first couple of pics are from a friend's sister's wedding in one of the provinces out in the countryside. It was really cool to see a traditional wedding and get to experience all that entails! Weddings here are typically held in a tent that is set up in front of the bride's house. It was a good time!
Then the next day we went about an hour away to a zoo that was out in the countryside. There were plenty of monkeys and other animals just roaming freely throughout the zoo. I wouldn't say they worry about attacks or rabies quite as much as we do! Since I am an idiot (Dave typing here) I decided it would be fun to offer a howler monkey a coconut to drink. Mistake #1! Mistake #2 was when I took my eyes off the monkey and turned to get a straw, the monkey reached through the cage about a foot and a half away and grabbed my arm and pulled me to the cage trying to get the coconut! Needless to say it scared me quite a bit! And it was then I decided the coconut game was over for that day. I had to go get a rabies shot shortly after just to make sure I didn't start foaming at the mouth or anything. The pic is of my scratch the nice monkey gave.
After going to a clinic here in the city to get my shot, a beer delivery car pulled out and hit me on my moto! It was a pretty shocking deal and I must say I was a little shaken up. He hit my right side and basically smashed my right foot! I was okay, but am pretty sure I broke my little toe. The guy felt so bad he took me to get my moto fixed and bought me some iodine and poured it all over my toe! Those last shots are of the damage! Don't worry though, I am okay!










No comments: